Rose Mallare is an acoustic and electric cellist based in Tampa Bay, Florida.
- Each week, Rose is the cellist and music curator for CW’s Gin Joint, a speak easy in downtown Tampa. Reservations preferred to hear the house band, the Gin Joint Collective, play live music 7:00 – 11:00 PM. $$$ #thursday #friday #saturday #sunday #livemusic #soul #rnb #jazz #pop #contemporary
- First Fridays @ 12:00 – 2:00 PM: solo cellist at the Florida Aquarium #friday #firstfriday #flaq #flaquarium #saveourseas #saveouroceans #monthly
- Final Fridays @ 9:00 – 11:00 PM: Co-hosts Open Mic Social, an eclectic open mic in a rock gym at Vertical Ventures St. Pete featuring the live punk band Socially Awkward #friday #finalfriday #openmic #openmicsocial #sociallyawkward #monthly
- Second Sunday 12:30 PM service: A cellist at St. Jerome’s Catholic Church #monthly
- Annual Easter vigil, Easter Sunday, Thankgiving, Christmas Concert, Christmas vigil, Chritmas Eve and Christmas day services at St. Jerome’s Catholic Church. See bulletin for details! #annually
* * * * *
Rose’s most favored accomplishment in music was touring Italy with the St. Jerome Chorale as a cellist completing the “Holy Year of Mercy” tour. Together they played liturgical, contemporary and classical selections under the musical direction of Tom Kurt. His holiness, Pope Francis, presided at these masses at St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter’s Piazza in Vatican City.
On the final day of the tour, Rose was informed by an official of Peter’s Way Tours, that she had become the first electric cellist to play inside of St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City. This is an honor she never believed she would ever have and is still elated from the experience!
To learn more about the Italian Pilgrimage and the music ministry of St. Jerome’s Church, follow them on Facebook for information on the tour and upcoming performances.
* * * * *
Interested in learning music? Rose teaches music in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties and online. Click here for more information
* * * * *
Thank you for visiting and enjoy the show!
Rose Mallare playing solo electric cello at Lowry Park Zoo’s “Christmas In The Wild”